WHAT IS THE DORIGHT LEADERSHIP CORPS?
DoRight Leadershp Corps (DLC) is a YOUTH ACTION NETWORK and interdisciplinary curricular program for middle and high school students. The DLC integrates core academics with community-based project work in entrepreneurship, 21st century skills and sustainability through three action departments:
- DoRight Enterprises: Youth work as "employees" of a consulting "company" that provides sustainability audits and efficiency analysis (energy, waste management, procurement, facilities, landscaping, water and chemical use) for local businesses, schools, hospitals, community centers, etc. to help lower costs, increase profits (when applicable) and reduce ecological footprints.
- Legislative Action: Legislative research and action groups conduct research/analysis, vetting, and promotion of specific legislation at federal, state and local levels through phone calls, letters, meetings and events.
- Public Relations: All forms of media and the arts (film, graphics, dramatics, etc.) are applied in teach-ins, editorial campaigns, forums and events to raise public awareness and knowledge of sustainability issues--environmental, economic and social.
DoRight chapters can be set up within academic curricular programs in schools or universities, as after-school programs, or as private chapters within local communities or in home school settings.
WHY IS DORIGHT LEADERSHIP CORPS IMPORTANT?
The DoRight Experience:
- Fosters 21st century skills in youth: entrepreneurial literacy, interpersonal skills, professionalism, business skills, sustainable development, knowledge in economics and much more...
- Mobilizes youth as a viable force in the creation of a sustainable future for America
- Fosters workforce development for the green economy
- Invests local businesses, citizens and parents in the efforts of local schools to educate youth
- Connects academic learning with real world action and problem solving within local communities
- Raises student engagement, academic and life achievement, standardized test scores, and college and employment prospects.
See Value and Benefits for Stakeholder Groups
and DoRight Mission and Call to Action
To receive more detailed information about DoRight Curricular materials and how to start a DoRight consulting group in your school or community contact:
INTEGRAL VISION LEARNING